The Childrens International Storytelling program is designed for children aged 4 to 9 with accompanying adults but is enjoyed by all ages. Free to members, others are asked to contribute $2 per child or $5 for a family. The series is made possible by a grant from Target.
- Sunday, August 19, 2012- “Planting Seeds of Peace” is the title of an interactive performance that will focus on environmental consciousness and how people — especially kids — can make a difference. The storyteller will be Children’s Storytelling veteran Cara Patton, a former teacher at the Peregrine School and intern for several I-House Children’s programs while a student at UC Davis.
“We will begin with a short yoga routine, growing from a seed to a big tree and ending as a community forest,” she said. “We will share ideas about why trees are important to us and other living creatures.” The storytelling portion will focus on Wangari Maathai, a Kenyan environmental and political activist, who helped form the Green Belt Movement, which lead to the planting of millions of trees. “Lastly, we will share about how we can make a difference in our town of Davis and share in a closing meditation,” she said.
- Sunday, July 15, 2012 – “Yoga For Kids” presented by Debbie Eernisse from Bo Tree Yoga in Davis.
- Sunday, June 17, 2012 – Denise Hoffner presents “All about Fathers”
- No Storytelling in May
- Sunday, April 15, 2012 – Carol Joyce on Sunflowers
- No storytelling in March, sorry!
- Sunday, Feb. 19, 2012 - Vicki Crescitelli: “Tales from Around the World”
- Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012 - “The Submarine Show” featuring Slater Penney and Jaron Hollander.
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 2011 – Loshan Ostrava and Sara Woo: “Tales from Around the World.”
- Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011 – Acme Theater “Three Native American Stories.”
- Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011 – Denise Hoffner on the High Holy Days