INTERNATIONAL HOUSE DAVIS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ REGULAR MEETING
July 20, 2010
Present: Duggan (chair), Becker, Blake, El-Nakhal, Handy, Holman, Schiffman, Sherwin & Sparks.
President Duggan called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm.
- Minutes of Board Meeting of 6/15/2010: Inasmuch as the draft minutes prepared by the secretary had not been previously circulated, the ED was directed to distribute these minutes electronically to Board members for their approval.
- Election of Board Officers: Duggan proposed that the Board approve the following slate of officers for FY 2010-11: Calvin Handy, president; Marilyn Schiffman, vice president & interim treasurer; and Eileen Leung, secretary. The Board adopted this slate by unanimous vote. President Handy assumed the chair for the remainder of the meeting.
- Board Renovation Plan: Inasmuch as the revisions to the bylaws and policies & practices and other actions approved by the EC on July 16 to implement the first phase of the plan had not been previously circulated, the ED was directed to distribute these changes electronically to Board members for their approval.
- Updates from Standing Committees
- Program committee:Committee notes from its meeting of 7/7/2010 were distributed for the Board’s information.
- Facility Operations & Development committees: No updates were available.
- Don Ranstrom and Bill Cavins have agreed to jointly chair the Facility Operations committee.
- Hamza El-Nakhal will assume the chair of the Board Development Committee at a date yet to be confirmed.
- The next regular Board meeting will be on 9/21/2010.
- Minutes of EC Meeting of 7/16/2010 were distributed to the Board.
- Grant Opportunities: Holman shared information on grant possibilities for non-profits that I-House might apply for. The ED was directed to review this information and make recommendations to the EC at its August meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm.
Submitted by Rick Becker (substitute for Secretary Eileen Leung